Blowing away the cobwebs

edited August 21 in General
Finally getting my act together to do some aerial stuff. This dig at Dale Mine has given me the opportunity. Conditions were not that good but a result nevertheless. Converted a SJCam to NR IR so will be using that too.
Dale Mine Dig Aug 2019 Aerial 360
Xiaomi Mijia 360.

Peter.

Comments

• Good to see more KAPers joining the 360 party!!
  • Very nice.
  • I did think 360 would have taken off a bit more than it has but when you come to display it especially photos you are restricted to a display screen or VR glasses, the latter in my experience giving the viewer a tendency to feel sick!! Video is more usuable in that you can seamlessly pan within the frame.
    Certainly from my experience in doing limited archaeological work there is still a reluctance to incorporate newer visual technologies in presenting work to the public. This no doubt in part due to the technical level required, something that I accept not all of us have.

Peter
  • Your 360 certainly gives a better idea of the area than single photos could. Keep up the good work

One "Too windy for KAP" day at Hanging Grimston archeolical dig East Yorkshire UK, I did some 360° photos on a pole. The dig areas were a few metres in size and the photos looked good. No photos to put here yet - still on the computer,.

Fly High

Sue