I am actually not a KAP practitioner. I have been following this group, incognito, ever since I started building kites about ten yerars ago. Thanks to your enthusiasm and expertise, I have been enjoying the wondferful world of building and flying kites.
Regarding the COVID19 atmosphere, I think we kite flyers can bring some needed joy to our community by being out there (where allowed) and just fill the sky with color and motion. A kite in the sky brings a smile to children and adults as well. It is inevitable. It feels good practice what we enjoy in this time of great challenges and, at the same time, share our love for kites with people around us. It's a win-win situation.
With so much time in my hands, I decided to build another kite, of course. My FF is 60X52. It is actually my third FF and they have flown well with the usual minor adjustments. Everything in this one seems to be as designed (mesurement wise). Like some of the discussions I have seen here, my kite leans to the right, from the flyers POV (left from the kite). I have checked the symetry and size of every cell and it looks fine. Have checked the keels and look fine. Checked the bridles and, again, fine.
The strangest thing of all is that I decided to open the cells (extreme right and left) to check if anything changes. Closing the left cell (flyer's POV, opposite of the leaning side) made it worse (severely leaning to the right (flyer's POV). So I did the opposite: opened the left cell and closing the right cell (where the kite was leaning). And VOILA! the kite flies straight.
So now I have a kite with only once cell sealed and flying well, in low and high winds, even in turbulent gusty winds. It is a mystery to me that I want to solve so I can do it right next time. My mind is imbalanced.
And thank you for letting me in into this wonderful group.
Jose (San Diego, CA)https://www.facebook.com/peakmind/videos/10158254294239609/