New features on existing products:
gentLED-AUTO, gentLED-SHUTTER, gentLED-shutterPLUS

edited July 2013 in KAP Gear Sources
Some of the gentLED products have been improved!

imagegentLED-AUTO
The tried and tested intervalometer for autoKAP has new features:

• As memory cards get bigger and cameras faster we need to change - the minimum interval time has been reduced from 2 to 1 seconds.

• Although the 22turn adjustment for timing is accurate, you cant see what its set to. The device now sends a brief flash sequence on the red LED at power-on identifying the interval that is set to the nearest second

imagegentLED-SHUTTER and gentLED-shutterPLUS
For camera control of shutter and movie via RC systems:

• These devices had a simple "continuous operation" mode. If the RC channel was held "on" then the signal repeated every 5 seconds. These products have been improved so that the further over the RC channel is held in the "on" position then the repeat rate decreases from 5 seconds to 1 second, gentLED-shutterPLUS goes even faster to 0.5 seconds.

• You choose from the RC transmitter what shooting rate you want from 5 to 0.5seconds. Right now the Sony NEX-5 will work at 0.75seconds, and we are sure the next generation of cameras will be faster still!

Comments

• > The device now sends a brief flash sequence on the red LED at power-on identifying the interval that is set to the nearest second
    That's neat!
  • The flash sequence is described here. Much as I thought Morse Code was the answer to all my problems, I've gone for something simpler!