World Wide KAP Week (WWKW) 2015 is now underway....and after a bit of deliberation and a review of my work calendar for 2015 I am volunteering to help pull together the book for this years event.....if there is enough interest within the KAP community.
To pull this fun work effort off I will need help from my fellow KAPers!
A minimum of 20 KAPers need to sign up to make this book project a go and due to costs...I propose to limit the entries to the first 30 KAPers who sign up. Submissions beyond 30 would be included in a general collage to be included in the book.
A brief summary of the process is given below for new and experienced KAPers. Goal:
Publish a simple coffee table book made up of images submitted by individual KAPers that were taken during the WWKW event. The dates for 2015 run from May 22 to May 31, 2015. The book will be available in print and on-line. An on-line book printing service (like Blurb) will be used to publish the book.Requirements:
- Each participating KAPer gets to fill two facing pages in the book with both pictures and supporting text
- There is no cost to submit or participate in the in the book. Each person would pay for their own books - as many as they wish and in the format that they prefer (print, on-line or both). There is no requirement to purchase a book. KAPers can participate in the WWKW event and not participate in the book project (your choice). KAPers are encouraged to participate in the WWKW and post images to the flickr group as in past years. - Timing:
- KAPers post note on this thread that they will participate in the WWKW book - Now open (1st 30 are in)
- Submissions will open starting June 1, 2015.
- Submissions will close by June 30, 2015.
- Target publication 4Q 2015 Workflow:
- KAPers place a note on this thread that they are interested in participating in the WWKW book. (need a minimum of 20)
- KAPers send a private note with their e-mail address (starting June 1)
- I will send a link to a shared Google Drive for uploading images and text to be included in the book. (starting June 1)
- Submission requirements include: high resolution images, text, geo tag on each image, brief bio on each KAPer including full name, country and city, preferred layout for the two facing pages (recommend a MS Word or PDF mock up of the two pages).
- Editor (with help from others) puts together the final format for publication.
- Editor places a note here for how to access and place a book order with the online publisher (like Blurb).
All of the requirements listed above are draft to get us started and will be modified as needed.
This is an open collaboration and I encourage individuals new to KAP as well as seasoned experts to join in the fun.
This is a volunteer effort for enjoyment. As the editor - I will receive no financial reward....just a fun time interacting with fellow KAPers.
I have added a couple of images from past WWKW books below to give you a taste. I also recommend reading this long thread for background on past efforts.
So.....are you in for the WWKW book project? If yes, please post a note here....we have 29 spaces left!